How do I get the verification code/email to change my contact settings?
When you make changes to your contact settings, we send you a verification code or email to keep your account secure.
If you’ve made a change to the primary email address in your Contact settings we’ll send a verification email to the new email address you entered. You’ll need to click the verification button in that email within 24 hours.
If you haven’t received the verification email, try these steps:
- Add your new email address again, carefully checking the spelling and any special characters
- Check your spam/junk folder (if you use Gmail, check the promotional/social folders)
Verification text message
If you want to update your contact number(s) or payout settings, we’ll send you a 6-digit code to verify those changes. The message will be sent to the registered mobile number on your account.
To make sure you can receive the code by text, go to Notification settings and check they are switched to ON.
If you’ve previously opted out of SMS notifications by texting STOP, you’ll need to send another text message with the word START to the number shown in your Notification Settings and switch notifications to ON.
If you don’t receive the verification message:
- Wait a few minutes and if you don’t get a message, try and resend the code. Check you’re in an area of good reception or try using a different phone number.
- Check your Notification settings are switched to ON
- Make sure you only use numbers when entering your phone number. Don’t use any symbols (e.g. + or - )
- You can try receiving the code via automated phone call instead. Note: we can only contact you on phone numbers registered to your account.