What do I need to know about home/property insurance?

When renting out your home, it’s really important that you have adequate insurance for your property. We recommend that you review your policy with your current insurance carrier to make sure you have sufficient coverage.

What type of property insurance do I need?

It’s very likely that you’ll require a special type of insurance specific to vacation rentals which typically covers public liability, accidental damage and loss of rent. However, it’s important to note that policies vary and may cover different areas.

We recommend that you talk to your insurance carrier to make sure your property and liability coverage is adequate for your needs.

It’s important to note that TripAdvisor Rentals doesn’t provide any form of insurance to homeowners.

Do my guests need insurance to stay in my property?

We advise all guests to purchase their own travel insurance when making a rental booking. Just as you would when you go on vacation.  

Although we offer
Payment Protection for those who book and pay online via our platform, this policy doesn’t provide insurance for separate travel purchases, such as flights.

Was this article helpful?Yes  No